Change of Moodle Cloud Site Name

Change of Moodle Cloud Site Name

by Michael Stewart -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings,

I have a paid school Moodle Cloud site and want to change the site name. Is this possible and if so how do you do it?

With Thanks

Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Stewart

Re: Change of Moodle Cloud Site Name

by Craig R Morton -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Hi Michael,

It is possible to change the name of your MoodleCloud site once it has been created. This change is performed by our technical team and there is a fee of $50 AUD to go ahead with the site name change. You are only allowed to modify the first part of the URL - ncat.moodlecloud.com -- the domain must stay the same (moodle.school or moodlecloud).

It may require some downtime (up to 30 minutes) of the site and needs to be scheduled. Please provide the details of the sitenames and a preferred workday you would like the change to occur and we can schedule it in.

If you do decide to go ahead with the name change then we will produce an invoice and send it through to you for payment with all the confirmed details.

And here is a list of resources you can use for help on any other Moodle topic:

Moodle Community forums - http://moodle.org/support Here you will find links to many Moodle subject forums and loads of useful conversations about configuring Moodle.
Moodle Documentation - http://docs.moodle.org Search for documentation on any Moodle topic, including site administration, managing courses, enrolment, activities and loads more.
If you can't find the answer you are looking for, post a question in the Moodle forums and one of the many Moodle experts in the community is likely to have an answer for you.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know or visit our FAQ page.

Please let me know if you have any further issues or questions.

Kind regards,

Craig R Morton
Analyst Developer - MoodleCloud
In reply to Craig R Morton

by Michael Stewart -
Greetings Craig,

Yes I would like to go ahead with this.

I would like the name to change to utait.moodlecloud.com

The change can occur ASAP.

With Thanks

Michael Stewart

by Craig R Morton -

Hi Michael,

Thanks for confirming. I'll send an invoice to you shortly.

Best Regards.

by Craig R Morton -
Hi Michael,

I have raised an invoice for $50 AUD which should be in your email now. Please note, the invoice was sent to the email address we have on file for the owner of site "ncat".

If you can let me know when this invoice has been paid i'll action the change of site name for you.

Many thanks.