My Courses still showing courses that are past their end date

My Courses still showing courses that are past their end date

by Adam Shearman -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

So start of term and our second year of this current rebuild of moodle. Currently running version 3.7.8.

An odd thing has cropped up though. We were expecting courses that are past their end date to no longer appear in the navigation bar under "My Courses", but it seems this is not the case. For the most part we work off a basis of "courses" in moodle being one per module we teach, which only have a year long lifespan. Therefore last years modules still appearing in this list will get confusing for students over the years, especially with the sort order then putting them in alphabetical order so their first year modules that are long complete will end up being at the top.

As i said, my understanding was that "my courses" was meant to only show active courses? a custom menu item that also pulls from the navigation bar using hte enrol_get_my_courses function is also still showing old out of date modules. Hmmm.

If it turns out that we can't hide courses with end dates in the past, i may have to try adding a filter to the custom menu item to check end date before adding the course to the list.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Shearman

Re: My Courses still showing courses that are past their end date

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Adam,

It is indeed the case that courses with an end date in the past should no longer be listed for students in the navigation drawer / block. You can check how things are on our Moodle sandbox demo. It's currently running 3.9.1 but I don't think the functionality has changed since 3.7.

Perhaps a customisation or plugin on your site is affecting how things are?