Monitoring my students

Monitoring my students

by John Wilkins -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to tell what my students are doing during a quiz? To see if they change to a different window, or to see if they open up PowerPoint or a PDF file or the sorts.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Wilkins

Re: Monitoring my students

by Kyle Sellers -
Just starting this process wondering how far you got with your search. I have found a ton of options. Some use AI some a live proctor, some a mixture of both. websites don't show much in the way of detail or pricing. Curious how you made out.
In reply to John Wilkins

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Yes, I know what you are asking. (You forgot about seeing if they have their smartphones open, or a second computer open.)

Consider sitting next to the student and observing what they do. You will see what they are physically doing, but you will probably not see what is going on in their brains (e.g., are they really watching the video, or reading what is on their screen.)

Some schools have "testing centers" set up, which may be a solution.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Kyle Sellers -
I know we are looking for something for asynchronous distance learners. I have experience with some of these. I have never really seen what the AI options do but the live online proctors will have the users pan the room with a web cam and you are not allowed to have a second device in the room. they even make you show each sheet of scratch paper you have.

FYI there is a 2nd thread on this https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=406845 I am not sure if a moderator can merge these.