Proctoring while taking quiz

Proctoring while taking quiz

by Sathiraju Sunkara -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

Can you please please suggest any proctoring plugin/tool for monitoring the students while taking quiz.

Thanks in Advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sathiraju Sunkara

Re: Proctoring while taking quiz

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
What have your web searches found so far (so we don't tell you what you already know)

by Sathiraju Sunkara -

Can anyone answer please

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
What have your web searches found so far (so we don't tell you what you already know). You might have discovered things that other people here do not know about.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What have your web searches found so far (so we don't tell you what you already know)?

by Kyle Sellers -
I am also looking at this. I have found a ton of options still trying to actually see what each is about. unfortunately it looks like to get any useful information you need to actually schedule a demo. no pricing or video demos that I have found. A few of the ones that I am starting to research are; OnVue(This is a Pearson product and may only be available for their LTI exams), Examity, Mettl, Examus, Respondus, Proctortrack, Proctorio, Honorlock. Some things that I am still figuring out is whether these are AI or Live or both. If they are charging the institution on a tier basis or if it is charged to the student on a per exam basis. Most seem to work with most LMSs. The rest I'm still trying to figure out. Wondering what everyone else is using, if anything and what their experiences are.
In reply to Kyle Sellers

by AL Rachels -
I wonder, if you could use Real Time Quiz or Active Quiz with students in a video meeting such as zoom. Since you would be watching the students and each question is on a timer, it might cut down on the attempts to cheat. I don't know if this would work as I have not used either of those plugins since I retired 5 years ago.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Kyle Sellers -
This is an interesting concept, if you are running a synchronous class. I do not have experience with either of these plugins, I wonder if they can be used with Moodle's Safe Exam Browser, or if that is only available on the core's quiz.
We are actually looking for options for our asynchronous, but this is definitely something to keep in mind Thanks
FYI there are two threads going on this topic https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=408202#p1660939