Cannot edit plugins settings default after migrating to new server

Cannot edit plugins settings default after migrating to new server

by Jamal Kay Rogers -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings!

We recently migrated to a new and dedicated server. However, after the migration, the majority of the plugins cannot be modified in their default values.

Example: I can set the default values as the admin for the module URL, but I cannot do so with the Quiz. I can set the values of the Assignment plugin for File Submissions but I cannot do so with the Online Text Submission.

Though I have not encountered problems with the teacher's side in terms of modifying activities and resources settings and not all plugins have the same issue.

What seems to be the problem? I have tried reinstalling the workshop module but the problem remains the same. I hope you can help me with this. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamal Kay Rogers

Re: Cannot edit plugins settings default after migrating to new server

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What does "cannot" mean? What happens (or doesn't happen)? Do you get an error (what is it)? Have you enabled Debugging (you should)?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jamal Kay Rogers -

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it.

When I edit a default setting for a module, say Quiz, I cannot alter the values of the fields. When I click "save changes", it does simply refresh the current page and nothing happens. The green message "changes saved" does not appear. So it basically does nothing at all.

When debugging is enabled, no new debug messages will be displayed. Only the same warning message all throughout the site is displayed which I think, has nothing to do with the problem.

by Jamal Kay Rogers -

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What's the warning message?

Switch to the Boost theme temporarily. Does it make any difference?

Still with Debugging on, check your web server's error log. Has anything found its way in there that might help?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jamal Kay Rogers -

Hi! 

I actually did that and it did not solve the problem.

Fortunately, I solved the problem by deleting the contents of the following folders in the moodledata:

cache, localcache, sessions, temp, trashdir

I should not have copied these folders when I migrated to the new server.

Thank you very much for your time Sir Howard Miller!

Godspeed!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)