Collapsed Topics for Moodle 3.9?

Collapsed Topics for Moodle 3.9?

by Tim Bahula -
Number of replies: 8

Hi Gareth, We really love this plugin and have started using it on many of our courses. 

We're testing an upgrade to Moodle 3.9 and I noticed that the footer appears about at the bottom of 1 screenful rather than at the bottom of the course. The only occurs with courses using Collapsed Topics format. We are running plugin version 3.8.1.1 on Moodle 3.9 using a variant of Boost 2020061500. This occurs on Chrome 83, but not on Firefox 78.

screenshot

Do you have a recommended fix for this problem? Or do you have an estimate of when you'll be testing this plugin for 3.9 compatibility?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Bahula

Re: Collapsed Topics for Moodle 3.9?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Tim,

The changes to course formats to M3.9 are a little complex, some of them are JS, hence possibly the issue. Timeline = no. Intent = by end of Aug 2020. Fix = no, as looking at the problem to determine the solution.

G
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Tim Bahula -
Thanks for the update. In further testing, I realized that I was mistaken. We have encountered the problem on Firefox and also Safari and Edge.
In reply to Tim Bahula

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Tim, I wonder if this has something to do with your "variant of Boost." I run Boost in Moodle 3.9, and Collapsed Topics, and I don't get this problem that you are getting.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Heena Agheda -

Hi Gareth,

I am using PHP7.4 and pgsql 10.13. Seems like due to layout issue, PHPUnit tests are failing as well. If you can please have a look if possible.

Thank you,
Heena

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tim Bahula -
Thanks for your suggestion, Rick. I'll try switching themes to see if the issue still occurs with plain Boost.
In reply to Tim Bahula

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Tim,

I've been working on a M3.9 version of CT and cannot replicate this issue in either Boost or my custom Foundation theme.

G
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Tim Bahula -

Thanks for letting us know, Gareth. We have not noticed the problem recently. Perhaps it was gremlins?! Thanks for your work on updating the plugin. We'll get that installed to minimize the possibility of problems.