Renaming Topics for Course Format for moodle 3.9

Renaming Topics for Course Format for moodle 3.9

by miguel angel sanchez -
Number of replies: 8

Hi, I have an issue the course creator of my moodle site has told me they can not edit/rename the topics like the image below, I can do it myself as administrator one by one but this way it will take some time and that not the idea,  do I need to change something in the moodle.php or give them some permission so they can edit the name for themselves or change globally for all the site if someone can point me out I will appreciate thanks. 

For example, instead of topic 1, it would say lesson 1 this image is the one that the course creator for my site send me.

moodle 3.9

Average of ratings: -
In reply to miguel angel sanchez

Re: Renaming Topics for Course Format for moodle 3.9

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Do they have the 'moodle/course:update' capability?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

yes, they have that setup, they can edit the topic from other courses I create but not from their own? I do not know why did I set up something wrong or what I can do to fix this? thanks

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are they enrolled as a 'Teacher' on the courses they create?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

yes, i believe, but what do you mean by that? they are the teachers but at the same time they are the course creators, the roles i assign to them were course creator and give them a few permission more than the default, edit here is an image of the teacher course creator that told me about this, in this course i have manual enrollment and self enrollment enable. Does mean that the teacher/course creator needs to enroll themself first to modify the course they create?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What do they see when they click the Edit drop down on the far right of Topic 1 etc - do they have Edit settings where they can change the name of the topic?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Do I need to give them any privileges in the user setting to fix this?, sorry i have to make a new message cause the site don't let me edit after 30 min.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
How about trying to remove the role of Course creator in that course and simply giving the a person Teacher rights and then, go into the course and then from the gear menu top right > More>Users>Check permissions, check the permissions of that particular person to see if they have moodle/course:update set to Yes
Because I agree with Gareth that the problem must be with this capability.