Moodle for community informal learning ?

Moodle for community informal learning ?

by Vasanth Govind -
Number of replies: 2

1. Ability to self register.
2. Ability to a add teacher/student as friend
3. Home page FB like Activity feed.
4. Search any content, teacher, student, teacher time etc.

If the above features are 'Must to have' for my product - will Moodle be a right solution for me? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vasanth Govind

Re: Moodle for community informal learning ?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Generally, Yes. Think of Moodle as a collection of building bricks which you put together to build your house. So the initial step is to get to know those building blocks - obviously on your own site. There are far too many ways of getting one to list them all. My favourite is the MoodleBox.
In reply to Vasanth Govind

Re: Moodle for community informal learning ?

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
What's a "Home page FB like Activity feed."? I mean I get FB = Facebook... but I thought that was for old people? But what's an "Activity feed"? A menu to courses? <start="text" type="rant">You'll have to excuse me, I have never had any time for social media, of any kind, there's not enough hours in the day for me to do what I want to do, let alone make time for something like social media. Besides, I don't need the negativity and fake news, it's all nonsense to me. </end>

Moodle has met every challenge I've thrown at it and I have found that you will need a really good understanding of the Permissions and Capabilities structure to open Moodle in the ways you seem to be suggesting. Yep, and I agree with Visvanath, MoodleBox is a handy tool in many settings and if you need to scale it up, real easy, add another Raspberry Pi or two or three..... hundred. 😆    
Average of ratings: Useful (1)