Rankings of moodle sites in the world

Rankings of moodle sites in the world

by Nadun Rathnayaka -
Number of replies: 12

Hi,

Can someone tell me how we can get the rankings of moodle sites in the world? 

In terms of usage, category and convenience or etc...

Those should be only Moodle platforms

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nadun Rathnayaka

Re: Rankings of moodle sites in the world

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Howard Miller

by Nadun Rathnayaka -
Thanks a lot Howard. is there a way to get the rankings of those sites?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What do you mean by "rankings"?

by Nadun Rathnayaka -
Depending on any criteria, is there a ranking from any other external site or from Moodle itself?

by Howard Miller -
I'd be *really* interested to know what you're hoping to find out?

by Nadun Rathnayaka -

Need a way to find Moodle LMS ranks. I mean who holds the first place in the world in terms of havingthe best LMS (Academic quality, upto date, student engagement and etc...) and what is the rank of my LMS

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am not a fan of ranking tables in general, and educational ranking tables in particular. It frequently makes unreasonable comparisons.

But if you wanted such a thing it would require human intervention and the ability to access the contents of the courses. Such a ranking is not available.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I can give you my opinion, having used the other major LMSs (B,C and D). Moodle is the "A". But a lot depends upon what you are looking for. Some folks (not I) think "C" is the easiest to use, for example.

So, you have my 1 vote. ☑️

By searching the Internet you will find whatever you are seeking.  For example, this PhilonEdTech website has an interesting graphic.  But this doesn't say it all.  For example, Canvas shows as "open source," but my argument is that very very (yes, 2 very's) few places ever install their own Canvas.  Also, this graphic is for "US & Canada," countries that do not by themselves dominate education.  It is still an interesting graphic. 
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Rick, I think you may have made me understand what Nadun was looking for. My interpretation made no sense at all. Nadun, can you confirm you want a comparison between types of VLE i.e. Moodle vs SomeOtherVLE?

However asking the question here is a bit like asking which is the best car at a meeting of the Ford owners club. The answer may have a certain bias smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Nadun Rathnayaka -
Yes i know Marcus there can be a bias smile
Yes but still I want to know whether there are any sites which compare Moodle sites in terms of their academic quality.