Badge and e-mail

Badge and e-mail

by David Delcò -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my trivial question... but... user will get an e-mail message when a badge is earned?

Or only an internal message?

I need they have an e-mail...

Thank you.

David smile

Moodle 3.7.3 on Microsoft Server. Cron correctly configured and it does run very well. smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Delcò

Re: Badge and e-mail

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Yes - when you're setting up a badge, one of the options is "Messages"

This setting allows you to edit the message which goes to a badge earner. Among additional options here are "Attach badge to message" which allows adding an image file to an email and "Notify badge creator" selector which allows to set frequency of notifications sent to badge creator when this badge is issued to users.

Badge notification messages may be sent via email and, via instant messaging. The badge notification email has the issuer name and contact set as From address. The badge notification instant message appears to be sent from the primary site admin for site badges and from the primary teacher for course badges.

Default message outputs for badge notifications may be set by an administrator in Site administration > Plugins > Message outputs > Default message outputs. By default, badge recipient notifications are sent via instant message when a user is logged in or offline and are sent via email when a user is offline.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

Ri: Re: Badge and e-mail

by David Delcò -
OK, thank you very much Jon,
I have some problem with a course within I created a Badge.
The message is set and I selected to attage imege of the badge in the message.
As name and address I didn't set the default e-mail address, but the name and the address of the organization.

Many participants telling me they have not get the mail... They can only see the internal message.
Which problem could be according your experience?
The Cron file is OK, other messages comes in and goes out... Where can I verify?
Thank you.
David
In reply to David Delcò

Ri: Re: Badge and e-mail

by David Delcò -
Sorry... I made some ortographics errors!

read "...the message is set and I checked the box to attach the image of the badge in the message".

Bye DD