Impossible to tranfer my Moodle.org badges to backpack

Impossible to tranfer my Moodle.org badges to backpack

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Further to this lengthy discussion on the French-speaking forum, I've been told to post my problem here.

It's really simple, I can't transfer my moodle.org badges to https://eu.badgr.com/backpack/badges.

Thanks for any hint,

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Impossible to tranfer my Moodle.org badges to backpack

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Joseph,

To add badges from moodle.org, you need a badgr.com backpack, which is not the same as an eu.badgr.com backpack. (Source: 'I have an account on eu.badgr.com but I can't connect to my backpack' in Badges FAQ.)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Helen,
It was not immediately evident to me that I had to create an US account rather than a European one!
It's working now.
Best,
Joseph

Re: Impossible to transfer my Moodle.org badges to backpack [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes, it's not so clear, unfortunately! Good to hear you've got it working now though. Thanks for letting us know. smile

by Vernon Spain -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've managed a workaround that allows you to connect to a regional badgr.
I jumped into the DB (I use navicat) and changed the table xxxx_badge_external_backpack entries to:

backpackweburl:https://au.badgr.io
apiversion:2

It'll probably get overwritten next time the code updates but it works fine for now.