Close future registration in all courses

Close future registration in all courses

by Mahmood Naderan -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to change the value of allowed future registration for self registration method?

I want to change that to NO for all the the active courses. Right know every teacher has to go to the self enrolment setting for all of his courses and change that option.

Is there a system wide setting for that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mahmood Naderan

Re: Close future registration in all courses

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Don't think I've seen a plugin that does what you want, however ...

cd /code/admin/cli/
php cfg.php |grep enrol_plugins
shows what's available currently ...

If you added a line in config.php, like:
$CFG->enrol_plugins_enabled=manual,cohort;
Would that do what you want?

You would be taking away controls teachers have over their courses.  Are you sure that's what you want to do?   A global such as above is all or nada.   There's always exceptions ... student drops out ... now there is a slot open ... how will you/they deal with those?

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ken Task

by Mahmood Naderan -

I didn't try this method. But I guess that is similar to disable self registration in the enrolment methods. I mean, clicking on the "eye" icon and disable that. No?

However, i disabling self registration, the course is deleted from the "my courses" list. I don't want that.

I am actually talking about disallowing future enrolments as shown in the picture below.

hr

In reply to Mahmood Naderan

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Config file method disables (or should) self - same as eye closed.  But if courses disappear from view in dashboard, then sounds like you are in the right spot and should try 'Allow New Enrolments' to 'No'.  Could also try putting a key in there (like 'letmein') to see how that behaves.  That is a per course setting and know of no way to do all visible courses massively.

Like I was trying to hint ... maybe teachers need to be in control.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)