Hide Courses from unenrolled students

Hide Courses from unenrolled students

by Pablo Sender -
Number of replies: 3

I've seen that this question has been posted a few times in the past, but discussions are old and I found no definitive solution.

As the subject says, I want to create a course which can be seen only by those students I manually enroll. The best method I found is to create a hidden category and then allow students individually to see hidden categories and hidden courses. The problem is that students can only access the course through their profile (they don't see this in the courses page). Is there a better method to do this? I'm using version 3.7+

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pablo Sender

Re: Hide Courses from unenrolled students

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Did you try "force login" in Site administration > Security > Site security settings?

In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Hide Courses from unenrolled students

by Pablo Sender -
Thanks for your response but I don't think this would solve the situation. I want a course to be visible only to the students that are enrolled in that particular course (students that I enroll manually) and not to anybody else participating in other courses, whether they are signed in or not.
In reply to Pablo Sender

Vs: Hide Courses from unenrolled students

by Asko Pesola -
I have also been looking this same thing and cannot find proper solution. My goal is that every single course would be completely hidden from every user/student (not course creators and above) who is not enrolled into the course by manual or cohort sync enrolment. I have found some small workaround solution to hide courses here and there but students can still find all the courses relatively easy. For example all the courses can still be seen in category page. Why form 5 student should even find any courses meant to form 1 students, or any other courses in that matter since students have nothing to do with course enrolments. We enrol them by their classes using cohort sync.
And another problem which comes up because of this is that when student goes to course page which he is not enrolled in, he can still see all the participants in the course. Again, why form 5 student should see who are studying in form 1 Math course.
I am more than happy to receive solutions for these problems if someone have answers.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)