Adding Suspend as another Enrolment expiry action?

Adding Suspend as another Enrolment expiry action?

by Dave Augustyn -
Number of replies: 5

When enrolment expires, I need to keep the list of students who have already completed the course in the Enrolled Users section. This will help to quickly see who has already completed the course, or who was already enrolled (keeping the enrolment history, so to speak).

I know it is possible to suspend students manually, but it would be great if this function can be automated - by for example, having 'Suspend' as another option in the Enrolment expiry actions for different enrolment methods. 

Does anyone know how this can be achieved? Or if a plugin is available for this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Augustyn

Re: Adding Suspend as another Enrolment expiry action?

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Suspending a student doesn't not affect their enrollment status.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Dave Augustyn -

Hi Shirley - yes, that is my understanding. They will just not have access to the course anymore, but their grades will still be visible when you view the course Participants.. That is exactly what I want.

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Suspending is site-wide vs for a single course. The student no longer has access to the site.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Dave Augustyn -
It appears that it can be for the course only..
I found this under the Enrolment FAQA:
"What is the difference between unenrolled and suspended?
A user who is suspended from a course can no longer access the course themselves, but their enrolment and all their data and activities in the course are unchanged. Use suspend when you wish to block access for a user from a course, temporarily or permanently, but do not wish to affect their data there in any way."

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
At a Course Administration>Users page there is no option (or maybe it is just my permissions) for suspend.
I only see suspend at the individual User>Profile Page or Site>Users>Browse List of users page. The eye icon suspends the user, but that is site-wide.