How do I place a score of 600 points in Moodle?

How do I place a score of 600 points in Moodle?

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 9

The total of project scores can add up to 600 points but Moodle apparently cannot count that high.

How do I post this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: How do I place a score of 600 points in Moodle?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
What are project scores?
In reply to Marcus Green

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
I use the quiz bank as worksheets in that the students can do various attempts adding up to 100 points for each of 6 chapters. The final total can be up to 600 points. I wish to post the final total.

I also work the term projects with similar scoring. These can add up to a thousand points or so.

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Go to your site level grades - general settings - there is a setting called "grade maximum point value" that you can adjust.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to John Provasnik

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Ahhh 'splains some of the comments.
One has to have Admin access first, yes?

by Jon Bolton -
You need admin access if you want to change the scale for all teachers, but you can create your own scale for your own course if you’re a teacher - https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Scales
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

A 600 point custom scale.   Ok,,,,,

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Steve,
No need for a 600 point scale unless you have an activity that you WANT to award a maximum of 600 points to. I have been retired for five years and it has been a while since I set up a course for point total, but it can be done. I used to set each activity to the number of points I wanted, just by using the 100 point scale, or in some cases, a smaller scale I created. For instance, lets say I wanted to have students type a short essay using Journal, worth 20 points. I set the Grade Type to Point and the Maximum grade to 20. In Gradebook setup, the Grade category Aggregation then needs to be set to Natural. Is this what you are wanting to do? Note: Adding a new activity will automatically increase the Course total and adjust the Weights.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Jon Bolton -

Sorry - post-anaesthetic haze! Just read your original message - “adding up“ your points from different activities requires the grade book as John says.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)