Quiz and badge

Quiz and badge

by janak ghale -
Number of replies: 2

hello guys, I have made badges available and set up for students and also I made it available once they finish the quiz. How can I make badge appear on their dashboard rather than having them click on navigation and then on the badges options? is there any way to make it appear on the student page?

Also, can I reward students in quiz differently? for example, if you get more then 80% you get this, and if you just pass you get these rewards?  Thank you for reading 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to janak ghale

Re: Quiz and badge

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You can add the “Latest badges” block to the dashboard. https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Latest_badges_block

You can deal with the badge issue by creating another activity that will only complete when the Quiz grade is 80% or better, using an access restriction. When it is complete, then the badge is awarded. This is a workaround, but it will achieve what you want to do.

For example:

• Create a Page with Name such as "Click me to get the high score badge" and add Content such as "Congratulations. You've earned a badge for doing so well on the quiz."
  • Set the access restrictions for the Page to “Grade”, pick the Quiz you want, set the Grade to “must be >= %80”. Set it to be “Hidden otherwise” so that the page is invisible unless they get the high score.
  • Set the Activity completion for the Page to “Require view”.
  • Then, set the Badge criteria based on completion of the Page rather than the Quiz.

When a student gets a passing grade on the quiz, it will be marked complete and a badge will be issued for passing.

But if they get 80% or better, the Page will become visible and they will be awarded the additional badge if they click through to it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

Re: Quiz and badge

by janak ghale -
thankyou so much for replying and for your help, let me try and I will let you know if I get a problem