Show correct answer in pop-up for cloze question

Show correct answer in pop-up for cloze question

by Klaus Rosmanitz -
Number of replies: 3

Hi !

I have noticed a change in feedback behaviour over the past   versions of Moodle.

When submitting a test in Moodle 3.5 with the embedded question (cloze) type, you get the correct answer as a pop-up when moving the mouse over the blank (see image) .

In  Moodle 3.8 , the correct answers are shown in a separate box (see image!) where they  are displayed in brackets. In my opinion this makes it more difficult for users to find the right answers,

Is there any way this can be changed, so that the student gets the answer in a mouseover pop up??

Klaus 

Attachment new-quiz.png
Attachment quiz.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Klaus Rosmanitz

Re: Show correct answer in pop-up for cloze question

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Klaus,
What is the relationship between your screenshot #1 (A chosen athelete etc.) and your screenshot #2 (A grim exploration etc.).
Are they from different versions of Moodle? If so, which is which?
In screenshot #1 what is the meaning of the square brackets around some words? what is the meaning of the ellipses around some of those (but not all)?
I'm puzzled.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Klaus Rosmanitz -
The upper screenshot is taken from the new version (3.8) . This box is generated when you submit your test. The whole text of an embedded cloze question is shown with the correct answers in brackets .

The second screenshot (from Moodle 3.5) shows a different embedded cloze text where , after submision, the green boxes show that the student has inserted the correct word. In the first blank the student has written a wrong answer and the box turns red . The correct answer - activist - is displayed in the pop-up . This functionality seems to have gone lost in Moodle 3.8 - or has it??
In reply to Klaus Rosmanitz

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
'The upper screenshot is taken from the new version (3.8) . This box is generated when you submit your test. The whole text of an embedded cloze question is shown with the correct answers in brackets '
I have just created a Cloze question with 3.8 and it looks nothing like that. Could you paste in the text of the question from that first image.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)