Proctored Examination Plugin for Moodle

Proctored Examination Plugin for Moodle

by R.G. Gupta -
Number of replies: 5

Is there any reliable open-source proctored based examination plugin for moodle? also need suggestions for eproctoring plugin.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to R.G. Gupta

Re: Proctored Examination Plugin for Moodle

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi R. G.

As a start, check the info in this discussion: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=399255#p1610674. Use advance search for the forums, as there has been a bunch of discussion lately about this subject.

One of the better solutions I saw recently for lockdown testing, was a combination of things. Use of the safe browser and have the proctor call the student via some form of video call. Have the student show the proctor their computer setup and the room the test will be taken in. Then, have the student set up the phone in a position showing the student and their computer screen, as best they can from across the room. This allows the proctor to watch and hopefully, see any attempts to cheat.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to R.G. Gupta

Re: Proctored Examination Plugin for Moodle

by Behruz Mashrequi -
I have integrated Zoom with Safe Exam Browser. Worked beautifully. 
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Behruz Mashrequi

Ynt: Re: Proctored Examination Plugin for Moodle

by Utku Aytaç -

Hello,

Did it work in iPad?

Thanks a lot.

In reply to Utku Aytaç

Re: Ynt: Re: Proctored Examination Plugin for Moodle

by Behruz Mashrequi -

Students were having problem on mac machines. There was another problem with path to Zoom.exe. I configured the seb file to point to Zoom.exe but some student machine did not have the Zoom application in the specified location.