I've released the 'SynHi' filter for Moodle 3.7+ -> https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_synhi. Its a syntax highlighting filter that will highlight any 'pre' or 'code' tag within the course context and below. I created it for several reasons:
- Learning the programming aspect of software engineering feels important these days and what better way than via an eLearning platform.
- I understand programming so I wanted to make something that helps others do too.
- Not be tied to my Foundation theme.
- Use the EnlighterJS highlighter.
- See if it was possible to have an admin settings preview of the highlighting effect before saving a given style - a technical challenge.
Please post any questions / issues here.