Quiz Setup - Randomize quiz with static 1st question

Quiz Setup - Randomize quiz with static 1st question

by Veronica Cryan -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

I am trying to set up a quiz with 60 questions and I have specified that I want 20 questions per page and to random them from different categories that I have created.  All that works fine!

My issue is that I want the first question to be a static question that will be asked every time and will always be the first question.  However I haven't been able to do that because due to the questions being shuffled, this question could end up anywhere in line of questions.

I have specified it to be the first question and have also added a page break after it however this doesn't seem to work either.  Any ideas?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Veronica Cryan

Re: Quiz Setup - Randomize quiz with static 1st question

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
But if you’re pulling questions at random from various categories, you don’t need shuffling as well. So if you turn shuffling off, you can do what you want: question 1 is common to everyone and then you get another 59 questions randomly pulled from categories.
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Veronica Cryan -

That's brilliant, thank you. 

Just one more question, if you don't mind.  The 1st question that is common to everyone is a declaration, is it possible to stop the person proceeding unless they select the 'right' option?  I have this question as a true/false question.  So they need to select true but is it possible that if they select false, they can't proceed?

Thank you for all your help.

by Veronica Cryan -
I have actually found a workaround - I am going to display it as a Description as they don't need to respond. Thank you for your help, really appreciate it.

by Bernat Martinez -
In these cases I usually use: Add a new section header after first question, then shuffle questions in the new section