Remove Calculated Simple Question type

Remove Calculated Simple Question type

by Peter Diedrichs -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

As discussed here, the Calculated Simple Question type doesn't work properly (datasets cannot be updated) https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=400875

It is reported here, and it doesn't seem to get a fix. https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-55649

Besides that, the Calculates Simple Question type is a mess to set up. I want to remove the Calculates Simple Question type, and recommend using the Calculated Question type instead. 

• Is there any reason not to do so?
  • What are the main differences between the question types?
  • Is there anyway to convert the Calculates Simple Questions that we already have, to Calculated Questions?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

Re: Remove Calculated Simple Question type

by Sandeep Thapliyal -
Yes
In reply to Sandeep Thapliyal

by Peter Diedrichs -
Hi Sandeep, "Yes" what?

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Peter,

I don't know if the Simple calculated question will be checked and debugged or deleted. In the meantime, I've added the following to MoodleDocs:

Warning

Problems have been reported with editing existing Simple calculated questions:

It would be wise for you to experiment before generating many Simple calculated questions, especially if you plan to edit them, which is likely.

Until the situation is checked and corrected as necessary, you can use, as a replacement for the Simple calculated question, either the Calculated question for basic questions or the Formulas question for slightly more elaborate questions.

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Peter Diedrichs -
Hi Dominique, thats good.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
My first impressions of the Calculated questions was
"Here is the a hard to understand calculated question type and here is a slightly easier to understand calculated question type"
At which point I went away and tried to learn Cloze.