Overall marks

Overall marks

by Ivica Matotek -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Testers

Hi!

I'm wondering is there are possibility to create quiz for students to see only total score but not Marks for particular question. If I chose Marks from Review options then students see total score and see marks for each question. This is not acceptable for me. Is there some possibility to achieve this request.

Thank you.

Ivica

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ivica Matotek

Re: Overall marks

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Ivica,

In the Quiz settings:

• Under "Timing":
    • Enable and set a date for "Close the quiz".
  • Under "Review options":
    • Disable "Marks" for "During the attempt", "Immediately after the attempt", "Later, while the quiz is still open".
    • Enable "Marks" for "After the quiz is closed".

In this way, students will not see the marks for individual questions. They will see only the total mark for the quiz in their "Grades" (grade book), starting from the "Close the quiz" date.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Ivica Matotek -
Picture of Testers
Hi!

Thank you for replay, but I forgot to mention that I would like to students have multiple attempts and during quiz access time they see only overall marks not particular marks.

Ivica
In reply to Ivica Matotek

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Ivica,

In fact, you don't have to set a closing date. You can allow multiple attempts, and if you unselect "Marks" everywhere ("During the attempt", "Immediately after the attempt" and "Later, while the quiz is still open"), students will only be able to see their overall mark for the quiz in their gradebook even if multiple attempts are allowed . Note that when you allow multiple attempts, you must choose the grading method : "Highest grade", "Average grade", "First attempt" or "Last attempt". If you select "Deferred feedback" for "How questions behave", under "Question behaviour", everything is automatically unselected for "During the attempt" under "Review options".

Average of ratings: Useful (1)