Of course I can always uploaded HP activities as HTML (I assume there is really no difference with respect to how they interact with Moodle), but it was so nice not to have to worry about creating and storing HTML files that duplicate the particular exercise.
Does anybody have this problem or am I doing something wrong? Introducing HTML code is sometimes essential to be able to get a more "polished" look for your HP quizzes.
Could you send me example of a quiz which behaves like this, or perhaps upload one to my server.
I've sent you the file as an attachment in a private message.
You can see the problem I'm talking about by entering my
course and clicking on the activity named "Reading Comprehension"
in the third block.
You can access my course at:
You will notice the characters I was talking about in the text on the
Notice that this problem is not visible when you generate
the HTML file in HP, only when you create the activity
directly from a HP file.
Thanks in advance for your help.
In order to test the latest version of the HotPot module on my local Moodle install, I'd like to know whether the most recent version available (the zip file mentioned in your post of today) is compatible with Moodle 1.5.3 stable and 1.6DEV?
yes, HotPot v2.1 is compatiable Moodle 1.5 and Moodle 1.6. In fact, it is compatiable with ALL versions of Moodle. Just for fun, I tested it on Moodle v0.9 the other day
First of all, excuse me for participating so little in this forum recently - I've been too busy making Moodle courses full of HP exercises I have been reading and learning
I have had this problem with the HTML code being visible in old HP exos. I recreated the exos in the current version of HP where (I think, but I'm not 100% sure) it wasn't necessary to use HTML code to get the formating I wanted. Anyway, the exos look OK now. If you want to see them, just ask me for the URL & key.
Hope this helps,
I have noticed some other little probs.When I have time to describe them as precisely as I can, I'll write here.
Yes, I downloaded the latest version from Gordon's site and the problem has disappeared for me as well. I'm also rather busy filling up some of my courses with HP .