LTI Sync Grades Issue

LTI Sync Grades Issue

by Vijay Joseph -
Number of replies: 10
Hello!

I have configured Moodle to Deliver SCORM courses via LTI, and set up "\enrol_lti\task\sync_grades" scheduled job to run every 10 minutes. The LTI consumer complains that grades are syncing to their system while the student attempting the exam within the SCORM Course. For an instance, if a student takes 20 minutes to answer all the questions, grades are syncing to their system every 10 minutes, but not the at the end of the quiz.

I want the Moodle to sync grades post grades only after the student answered all the questions. Any work around for this? Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vijay Joseph

Re: LTI Sync Grades Issue

by Vijay Joseph -

Anyone have update on the issue I'm facing?

In reply to Vijay Joseph

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Vijay,

Make sure that you set your LTI tool to only sync grades after course or activity completion.

Make sure that your scorm activity completion is set on only mark by either Passed or Completed.

Gemma
In reply to Gemma Lesterhuis

by Francisco Sillero -

Hi, I have a similar problem with the LTI tool.

I have created an activity with the LTI tool and it integrates correctly with Moodle. But when the student has finished the activity and I want to send a note to Moodle, I don't know which URL, method and parameters are used.

Thank you, a greeting.

In reply to Francisco Sillero

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Francisco,

To make sure that I understand you correctly:In your Moodle course, you have created an activity called External Tool ? 
The external tool enables participants to interacti with LTI compliant Learning resources and activities on another web site. 

The LTI provider that you are trying to connect to should have provided you the information you need. Like the URL, consumer key and shared secret (and if necessary the required custom parameters). There is no other URL for receiving grades that need to be set. If you want to receive grades, you will need to make at the Privacy settings "Accept grades from the tool". That said, it depends on the LTI provider if they will send grades to you. 

You can find more information on the External tool settings here: https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/External_tool_settings

Hope that this provides you some information on how to work with the External Tool activity.

Gemma

by Francisco Sillero -
Hi Gemma, I'm going to explain myself to see if I understand the process.

1. Moodle (External Tool): Redirect or embed the External Activity.

2. External Activity: Sending grade after use.

3. Moodle (Save grade from External Activity)

Step 1 is done. Step 2 and 3 is the one I don't know how to do.

Is that process correct?

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Hi Francisco

Can you share screenshots of your settings in 1, that would give me an insight in what you issue is.
Could you also share your moodle version you are on?

Which LMS system do you use as a LTI Provider? Is this Moodle too Moodle - if so what is the Moodle version of the LTI provider?

Thank you!
Gem

by Francisco Sillero -
Hi, Gemma

These are the data:

Moodle version: 3.1.3
LTI version: LTI-1p0

Config LTI:

Request:

I have disabled the activity to show the request I receive from moodle.

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Hi Francisco,

My Spanish (?) is not that great to actually understand the settings, but if you have selected the setting at Privacy for "accept grades from tool", you should be able to receive grades from the LTI Provider you are connecting too.

If no grades have been passed through and are not showing up in your grade book, I suggest you contact the LTI provider that send you the link and discuss this with them. You could also do a check through https://lti.tools/saltire/ to see what is happening.

Not to be too critical - and besides this discussion- but if you are still using Moodle 3.1, I suggest you do a Moodle upgrade to a more actual supported Moodle version.

At this stage I don't see how I can help you any further, if your External tool setting are correct and you are NOT receiving grades, best approach is contacting the LTI provider.

Gemma