Unable to reset dashboard for all users

Unable to reset dashboard for all users

by Ejiro Ekpogbe -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I am having a post-upgrade issue. Initially i noticed that after an upgrade to Moodle 3.7, some users i had newly created, could not see some blocks on their dashboards.

Then i went to Appearance > Default dashboard page and i saw all the blocks as they should be. I clicked the button to reset dashboard for all users and i got the notification confirming that all dashboards had been reset. 

Then i go to a user's dashboard but i see that the dashboard still had the missing blocks - the dashboard was not reset.

I turned debugging on and got this message:

Invalid parameter value detected

File: /lib/externallib.php

Line: 332

Stack trace:

Missing required key in single structure: classification

Error code: invalidparameter

* line 332 of /lib/externallib.php: invalid_parameter_exception thrown
* line 223 of /lib/externallib.php: call to external_api::validate_parameters()
* line 59 of /lib/ajax/service.php: call to external_api

When i go to /var/log/apache2/error.log, i see this:

Default exception handler: Exception - call to a member function instance_copy() on boolean Debug: \nError code: generalexceptionmessage\n* 
line 95 of /my/lib.php: Error thrown\n*
line 127 of /my/index.php: call to my_copy_page()\n

Can you please help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ejiro Ekpogbe

Re: Unable to reset dashboard for all users

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
This may be very well connected to your other problem https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=395443#p1595580.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Ejiro Ekpogbe -
Hi Visvanath,

The other problem has been fixed and i was hoping it would fix this as well but it did not. I am still having this problem and the debug info is the same as my previous message.
Do you have any clue? Maybe there is something i am missing?
Is there a dashboard feature in previous versions that is not in 3.7? I upgraded from 3.5 to 3.7.

Please any suggestion will be helpful.
In reply to Ejiro Ekpogbe

by Safat Shahin -
Hi Ejiro,
Please navigate to Site Administration > Plugins > Plugins Overview and check if you have any missing block plugins. If so, either reinstall them or uninstall them. This error occurs when you have a missing block plugin which was previously a part of the default dashboard as the data is still in the database.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Safat Shahin

by Ejiro Ekpogbe -
Thank you Safat, i saw some missing block plugins and have uninstalled/reinstalled them. This has fixed the dashboard issue.

Thanks a lot.
In reply to Safat Shahin

by Matt Ladwig -
Hi Safat,

We had the same issue. Thanks for the clear instructions on how to fix it. These two old blocks were the culprits.

block_gaccess
block_gmail

Thanks again,
-Matt