Limiting the number of courses registered per student

Limiting the number of courses registered per student

by Grant Muhl -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all.

I want to limit the number of courses that a student can register for at one time. For example:

Out of a total of 30 courses available on our site, any given student can only register for a maximum of 5 courses at the same time.

Can anyone help as to how we can do this? Is there any plugin available that allows us to apply this limitation?

With Regards,

Grant D Muhl

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Grant Muhl

Re: Limiting the number of courses registered per student

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Grant,

You would need some kind of Enrollment plugin. Take a look at this plugin which is based on a system that uses credits:

Course credit enrolment

I haven't used it myself but it sounds like you would allocate lets say 5 credits to students and they could spend these credit on any 5 of the 30 courses which cost 1 credit each.

You could even take it one step further and have some courses worth more than one credit.

Hope you find this useful.

Merry Christmas!

Michael

In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Limiting the number of courses registered per student

by Grant Muhl -
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. This sounds like something that could work for us. I will definitely check it out.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Grant