How do I show ONLY courses with Guest access after Guest login

How do I show ONLY courses with Guest access after Guest login

by Derek Chaplin -
Number of replies: 2

I've read quite a few of the forum posts regarding Guest access to courses but I haven't seen this specific one.

Problem Statement:

• After guests use the Guest login option, I'd like to show a list of only those Courses that have Guest access enabled. I tried enabling the various options (e.g. List of courses, Combo drop-down, etc) in the Front Page settings but this shows all courses.
  • Is there a way to either:
    •  Show only courses with Guest Access enabled or
    • Auto-enrol guests in all courses with Guest Access enabled
  • I've tried various auto-enrol plugins but they only work when the course is clicked on.

The end goal is to allow visitors to the site to view our Safety Policies and videos for our physical manufacturing sites online prior to their visit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chaplin

Re: How do I show ONLY courses with Guest access after Guest login

by Sandra King -
Hello,
I realize this may be a bit late for you. In the past, we have created a "Guest User" or "Demo User" with an unlimited enrollment to the courses that we want to have guest access (for us only the Demo Courses).

When we did that I could read the theme programs and edited the login page to give directions to login with the guest credentials. Now I have just moved to 3.7, and I can't figure out how to put the instructions on the login page so I have had to open guest access.

If anyone could give me some feedback, I am using the Boost theme currently, but I am not stuck on it if there is a better one for my purposes.
In reply to Sandra King

Re: How do I show ONLY courses with Guest access after Guest login

by Ray Hinton -
Just browsing through, and a note from the Moodle 3.7 New Features page jumped into my mind. There is a new capability added in 3.7 called "moodle/category:viewcourselist". It seems like it is intended to allow for more control over who can view what courses. I have not experimented with it myself, and it looks like it might take some fiddling to get it just right, but perhaps you'll find it useful.

https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Capabilities/moodle/category:viewcourselist
https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Course_list_viewer_role