Installation problem in 3.7.2+

Re: Installation problem in 3.7.2+

by Patricio Lopez -
Number of replies: 3
Hi Ken,
sorry for the delay to your question.

>Is that the password for DB user setup to run a moodle, or is it the superuser password?
it's the chosen user setup for my moodle-installation, not a superuser-password. But it seems to be something temporal by ionos. In the meantime I updated (manually) to moodle 3.8 as mentioned above:
- rename old ionos-installed moodle (3.5)
- unpack moodle 3.8 in the same folder-structure as the original ionos-installation
- backup moodle-db, delete moodle-db, create new moodle-db with actual mysql, restoring moodle-db
- copy back the .htgcld34ieljdj.data - folder, config.php (with new DB-access data) from the ionos-installation to the manual unpacked version (3.5 -> 3.8)

It worked immediately without the strange .htxt8cvv.appconfig.php - file. Seems not to be needed

I also fixed the opcache-warning be learning, that the needed php.ini-file has to be placed in the admin-folder of moodle

The last things driving my crazy with ionos/1&1 is that I'm not able to activate slasharguments whatever I do and that h5p can be installed as plugin but when selecting h5p in "new activity", the h5p-editor is not working (javascript-errors, "loading, please wait"-loop forever). But that's another issue and not for this thread.

To sum up my ionos-odyssey:
- Install moodle (3.5) via the prepared 1&1 app-package (this app automatically creates db on older mysql which does not work with moodle 3.7+)
- rename this ionos-installation of moodle (3.5) as backup
- unpack moodle 3.8 in the same folder-structure as the ionos-installation
- backup moodle-db, delete moodle-db, create new moodle-db with actual mysql, restoring moodle-db
- copy back the .htgcld34ieljdj.data - folder, config.php to moodle 3.8-in-old-folder-structure
- edit config.php with new DB-access data
- fix opcache with php.ini in admin-folder of moodle
- fix codepage by setting dbcollation' => 'utf8mb4_unicode_ci in config.php and in moodle-db

- open: https (not so important for me)
- open: php_extension xmlrpc: possibly not fixable at ionos
- open: slasharguments (driving me crazy), tried with .htaccess, php.ini -> nothing...
- open: h5p plugin editor not working

Thanks for all the help.
Patricio
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Patricio Lopez

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't host with ionos but looks like their script to install a moodle takes what they think is an extra protection (or a work-around) with this:

.htgcld34ieljdj.data

see the dot in front of that directory name?

Typical standalone servers use /var/www/ as home directory for apache user and one can create (manually) a moodledata folder there ... apache user/group can see/use.

Typical (many) hosted servers use public_html and user is kinda in a jail.  May not be able to put moodledata outside of public_html and have moodle see it in /home/accountname/ or something like that.

What's in .htgcld34ieljdj.data?

And what's in: .htxt8cvv.appconfig.php

If one were hosted where one is on a VPS (dedicated just to one customer), one could easily install the php xmlrpx extension via package manager .. CentOS 6 or 7 that's yum ... Debian/Ubuntu that's apt-get.

Do you have something like 'EasyApache'? ... which allows choosing PHP version but also which extensions are loading?

If you put a phpinfo.php page at code root and access it directly one should see which php.ini file is being used and in some cases how PHP was compiled.

Slasharguments is really 'AcceptPathInfo' in apache 2.4.
See:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#acceptpathinfo
where it says can be configured in .htaccess

AcceptPathInfo On.

Now if it can't with your hosting, contact hosting helpdesk.

All I can say is good luck! smile

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Patricio Lopez

by Arved Jeltsch -

Hi Patricio,

I was struggling with an identical problem in 3.8+ (hosted by ionos/1&1 aswell). But I think I found a makeshift solution to get h5p running (based on a suggestion by Matteo Scaramuccia https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=355986#p1436120):

I created a .htaccess file in my moodle folder with the following content:

SetEnvIf Request_URI "^(.+\.php)(/.+)$" PATH_INFO=$2

Hope that helps!

Best regards from Potsdam