Ordering question and adaptive mode

Ordering question and adaptive mode

by Michelle Jackman -
Number of replies: 8

We have an ordering type question in a quiz set to Adaptive mode (no penalties). 

When attempting the quiz, all the other multiple choice question work fine but the ordering question only allows one try. After clicking the 'Check' button the items are no longer draggable, although you can click the check button again. 

Is this just something lacking from this question type, or am I missing something?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Jackman

Re: Ordering question and adaptive mode

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I've noticed this unexpected behaviour, and hope it will be fixed.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You will have an answer at GitHub.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hmm, I need your help to reproduce this issue so that I can investigate it.

I've tried on Moodle 3.7, with both the Classic and Boost themes, in a Quiz that was in Adaptive mode, and the Ordering items remained draggable after the Check button was clicked on the Ordering question.

Please could you add a Quiz with an Ordering question that behaves in the way your describe onto my development server:

Many thanks,
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Ah, I think I see the problem now.

Question behavior => How questions behave 
set to "Adaptive mode"
Review options => During the attempt => Whether correct
set to ☑ (enabled)

With these settings, the ordering items are no longer draggable after the [Check] button is clicked.

I am investigating the cause, and hope to find a fix in due course.

by Gordon Bateson -
Dear Michelle, Joseph and Dominique,
Thank you again for bringing this issue to my attention.

I believe that the latest version, 2019-09-06 (94), of the Ordering question type will fix the issues you found with Adaptive mode.
I would be grateful if you could try out the latest version, and confirm that it now works as you expect.

Kind regards
Gordon
Average of ratings: Useful (3)

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gordon,

At first glance, it seems to work well.

Thanks on behalf of the users!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Michelle Jackman -

Thank you Gordon, and to Dominique and Joseph for responding. 

It'll probably be some time before we can update our plugin, but at least we now know that the issue is resolvable.

Kind regards,

Michelle