TeX in Answers for different question types - 3.7

TeX in Answers for different question types - 3.7

Stefan Waldhauser
Vastuste arv 6

Hello, I’m a math teacher and want to build a variety of exercises for quizzes using the different question types. However, I just realized that I cannot use TeX in the answers to the questions. How can I manage to use TeX not only in the questions but also in the answers?

Or are there any other (free and easy to use) plugins that I could use instead?

I already tried this in „Admin→Appearance→Additional HTML“ but it didn’t work.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML"> </script>

Moodle 3.7, MathJax and TeX-Notation are active

Thanks in advance, 

Stefan

Keskmine hinnang: -
Vastuses Stefan Waldhauser

Re: TeX in Answers for different question types - 3.7

Tim Hunt
Core developers pilt Documentation writers pilt Particularly helpful Moodlers pilt Peer reviewers pilt Plugin developers pilt
You don't need to do things like that. You just need to enable the MathJax filter https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/MathJax_filter
Vastuses Tim Hunt

Stefan Waldhauser
Thank you for your quick response. The filter was already enabled. 

Whenever I use LaTex in the answer field, it doesn't work (see the drag-and-drop answers), however, in the question field it does (a/b). See the attached image. 

Dominique Bauer
Documentation writers pilt Particularly helpful Moodlers pilt Plugin developers pilt

A little laborious but feasible:

Formulas_20191002_0027.png
Vastuses Dominique Bauer

Dominique Bauer
Documentation writers pilt Particularly helpful Moodlers pilt Plugin developers pilt

With the exception of the multiple choice question type, TeX (LaTeX) code can not be inserted in the answers. Just for the record, I thought that one way around this problem would be to use the drag and drop onto image question type, with TeX images as draggable items. This procedure does work, but aside from being somewhat lengthy, the images get shrunk unless the equations are very short. So the result is far from being satisfactory and I would not recommend this workaround, except perhaps for very short answer equations.

Daniel Thies
Core developers pilt Particularly helpful Moodlers pilt Plugin developers pilt Testers pilt

Actually this could easily be done using Drag-and-Drop Matching question type. It works very well with either the MathJax or TeX notation filters.