Re-attempting quiz questions

Re-attempting quiz questions

by Jaffa Katie -
Number of replies: 6

I am not aware of the Moodle version at this point, apologies.
Is this possible with moodle quizzes? I don't seem to be able to set this up.

Quiz has 10 questions.  They appear in a set order 1-10. But for each question there are 4-6 question variants that are served randomly to different students, or to same student if they close the quiz and start again.

I want the student to answer all questions and submit. Then I want them to be shown which ones they got wrong.

Then I want them to be able to have another go at JUST the incorrect questions, AND the same variant they were initially presented.

Then they would submit and again be told which were wrong, and then repeat until they do get them correct.

Is this possible?

If not, after submit, can they be told wrong ones and only attempt these again but get a new randomly served variant of the incorrect ones? And continue repeated till all correct? At no time do I want to tell them correct answers. Just whether they got a question right or wrong.

TIA.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jaffa Katie

Re: Re-attempting quiz questions

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
"Is this possible with moodle quizzes?"
Not currently, though it is a very nice idea.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jaffa Katie

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
But you can do this one question at a time in interactive mode. So they can try a question, see if it right and then retry if they got it wrong.
I see this request a lot though - would be a good addition.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Indeed, interactive mode is awesome. Plus you can give hints. This means they get to re-attempt while the issues are fresh in their minds. But it would also be nice to have a 'only show questions you didn't pass last time option'.

I would add that feature to this
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/search.php?id=5&search=qpractice
If someone waved some money at me/Titus Learning
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Jaffa Katie -
Oh, ok, I didn't realise that.
I think we'll set up 3 versions and see what users think.

Are all 3 of these possible?

1. Where they get issued new question variants for the ones they got wrong.
2. Where they get a whole new set of questions variants for all 10 questions if they have got any wrong
3. Interactive mode where they attempt and redo questions one at a time.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jaffa Katie -

Emma

thanks for that info. So the 10 questions appear, they do the first and press something??? to check it. If right they move on to next question, if not correct they can change their answer and press something again to check, and they will still be keeping the same question variant? Is that correct?

In reply to Jaffa Katie

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, that is correct. I don't think you will get a different variant - it might reshuffle the answers. It is great because you can give them answer specific feedback but you can also add generic hints, something that will lead them in the right direction without giving them the answer. If they get it right, it just moves them on to the next question.

As for your three options:
1. I don't think this is possible.
2. A new set of random questions with a new attempt but does not allow for what they might have got wrong or right in the first attempt.
3. Yes, this is what interactive mode does.