what is the correct max_input_vars to perform a SQL backup ?

what is the correct max_input_vars to perform a SQL backup ?

by REMI PICARD (substitute) -
Number of replies: 3

hi,

i'm trying to perform a sql backup of my moodle database 3.5.

i'm using phpmyadming.

Once i click on the exporting tabl, i got an error message telling me   that  my max_input_vars is not enough to perform the display/operation.

it is strange because all the php moodle server flag are green in the moodle page :

/admin/environment.php

is there another problem ?

best regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to REMI PICARD (substitute)

Re: what is the correct max_input_vars to perform a SQL backup ?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Firstly, this is a phpmyadmin issue, nothing to do with Moodle.

max_input_vars is one of the php.ini variables. The obvious answer is to make it bigger and restart your web server. I think the default is 1000 - which should be plenty.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by REMI PICARD (substitute) -
thank you for the reply.
my default value is already 1000.

is there any moodle extension/plugins to perform each night a sql backup and send it by email to admin ?
In reply to REMI PICARD (substitute)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No. As I say, this really isn't a Moodle thing.

The classic script for this is - https://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/

On a couple of smaller sites I support, that's exactly what I do. I run the above every night and send the sql files to my email AND I write them to a directory in (headless) Dropbox. It's not pretty but it gets the job done.