Exception - Call to member function Moodle 3.7

Exception - Call to member function Moodle 3.7

by Trish Ryans-Taylor -
Number of replies: 8

Hi

We have just transferred our Moodle site from another server and in the process upgraded to Moodle 3.7. When we sign in after creating a new user the following message occurs:
Exception- Call to member function instance_copy() on Boolean

Moodle help refers to doing a web search which only indicates that this is occurs when a Moodle site is transferred to a new server.

Can you provide any assistance with this issue.

Thank in advance

Best regards

Trish

Attachment Moodle Error.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trish Ryans-Taylor

Re: Exception - Call to member function Moodle 3.7

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Can you switch on Debugging and try again. If you can't log in, you'll need to add the debugging lines (from section 7 of config-dist.php) to your config.php

Hopefully, we'll get a bit more information.

by Karina Maltez -

Hi, I had the same error and we found it. You have to delete the pluggin course overview. I share more information about the case: https://moodle.org/plugins/block_course_overview?fbclid=IwAR2JqoughsBXwej918ZTaXcp-gZncdADnQnbSsJl1ZJavX6lJypvDa9sHjY

course overview

I hope the information will serve you since my mistake was exactly the same.

In reply to Karina Maltez

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'd be more interested in fixing that. It was tested with 3.7 and I didn't find any issue. Can you give me any more information to reproduce the error.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Karina Maltez -

The error only occurs when entering for the first time in the personal area of ​​the student and teacher roles (in the admin not). When the user enters a second time the error does not appear, but it may be displayed in some pages of the site.
On my moodle site I have version 3.6.5+ and the aforementioned pluggin is no longer compatible for these versions.

I share screenshot.
error
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Mark Terranova -

I am also receiving the error message "Exception - Call to a member function instance_copy() on boolean" on Moodle 3.5.5. However when I turned on debugging I am getting the error below with a little more information and the attached error message.

Exception - Call to a member function instance_copy() on boolean

More information about this error

Debug info: 

Error code: generalexceptionmessage

Stack trace:

line 95 of /my/lib.php: Error thrown

line 127 of /my/index.php: call to my_copy_page()

Attachment Instance_Copy Error with Debug ON.PNG

by Trish Ryans-Taylor -

Thank you Karina

I have found the plugin. Being new to Moodle not sure what will happen if I delete this. It is currently disabled on my software.

Did you just delete the plugin and were there any other issues after that?

Best regards

Trish

by Karina Maltez -

Hello Trish, if you disable it, the problem will always appear, you have to eliminate it completely and it doesn't have to show you new problems. Don't be afraid it's just a plugin that is not compatible with new versions of Moodle.

by Nicolás Cabello -
I uninstall the pluging but the problem persist, i am using course summary view, any suggestion=?

Thanks