Guests view Teacher profile page

Guests view Teacher profile page

by Pat Collins -
Number of replies: 2

I found an old answer to this problem (In v2,7), but the solution isn't working for me. I want to enable unregistered visitors to the site to be able to view the teacher's profile--following the link next to the course description in the catalog. I thought that forcing people to log in as guest is the way to do that. In the article I found, these were the settings mentioned:|

• Site Administration>Users>Permissios>Define roles>Guest = View User Profiles set to Allow
  • Site Administration>Users>Permissions>User Policies = Auto login guests
  • Site Administration>Security>Site Policies = Force users to login for profiles = (thread didn't say to allow or not allow. I tried both.) 
    Either way, I get the response "Guests cannot access user profiles. Log in with a full user account to continue."

Done all of these, still can't show teacher profile to the casual site viewer. We want to eliminate these bio pages from the WordPress part of our site and use the Moodle profiles instead. How can I do that? What might I be doing wrong?

I’m currently using v. 6+ with the Adaptable theme.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pat Collins

Ynt: Guests view Teacher profile page

by Osman Yılmaz -
Can you try Site Administration>Users>Permissios>Define roles>Guest > Allow role to view -> then click the guest to teacher allow view.