Re: versus Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re in Forum Subjects.

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I noticed a slight, but annoying change to moodle posts here on moodle.org (and hopefully it won't show itself in 3.7 or later.)

In my Moodle, Moodle 3.6.4+ (Build: 20190519), when a person replies to a post, Moodle automatically adds a Re: to the subject.  Here on Moodle.org, the same thing happens, except "Re:" continues to be added to the subject line whenever there is a reply to a reply.  These subject lines grow in size when a discussion topic is very active, see this one as an example.

This did not always happen, see this post as an example, where there is only one "Re:" regardless of whether it is a reply to a reply.

I don't think that the "Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re" is really adding anything of value, and suggest that we go back to posts having only one "Re: ".  I don't know if this is a "bug" or a new "feature."

Has anyone else noticed this?  It becomes especially irritating with viewing emailed posts on a smartphone since you cannot see the subject (it is to the far right.)  Is anyone else getting irritated?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Rick,

I suspect that this is a regression in 3.7 relating to the quick reply feature. I've reported it in MDL-65675 and we'll hopefully address it shortly.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Andrew Lyons

Re: Re: versus Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re in Forum Subjects.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Great, Andrew. I am glad that I let you know.

I think that I am enjoying this "quick reply" feature here on moodle.org. I suspected that this would be in 3.7.