Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7

Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 22
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm happy to announce that moodle.org is now running on the latest Moodle 3.7rc2 code. smile

Upgrading moodle.org is part of our Release process so that community members can help identify any bugs in the new version. Thus, if you notice anything which is not quite right on moodle.org, please reply to this discussion or add a comment to MDLSITE-5730.

In particular, the moodle.org theme has been rewritten to be based on the new Classic theme, so there are likely to be places where the appearance needs improving. Please report such issues with a screenshot illustrating the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help with testing!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ooh! Liking the reply inline here smile And that is one of several nice improvements I noticed already.

Some things that might be bugs:
  1. Unread messages in a forum thread a no longer highlighted.
  2. This might be intentional or it might be an unintended change: On the course page the unread message count is now on a separate line below the forum name, rather than at the end of the same line.
  3. Reply inline does not give you atto immediately. Instead you have to click an advanced link, so as soon as you want a numbered list, like here, the new UI is worse. Why not just give atto from the start?
  4. And, when you switch form inline to Advanced, all the line-breaks in your message are lost. They should be converted to paragraphs.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Re: Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I'm totally with Tim, and think these are regressions/bugs :

1. a regression for me
  2. a regression : less visible than before (could be useful if we had 2 columns of activities)
  3. i can understand this choice, if most messages just use pure and simple text (use advanced just when needed)
  4. bug

Perhaps it's because i'm really used to the "good old" interface, or because it's hard to handle new things, but for me the new style is really with lot or corners/angles, and i don't like it. Not sure having links for previous/next discussions, and just under links for previous/next activity is really understandable for most users and a good UI choice...

And i really miss the dock sad

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Re: Re: Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Tim and Séverin for your feedback.

1. Unread messages in a forum thread are no longer highlighted. - reported as MDLSITE-5808
  2. On the course page the unread message count is now on a separate line below the forum name, rather than at the end of the same line. - reported as MDLSITE-5809
  3. Reply inline does not give you atto immediately. - feel free to create a new issue for this and comment in MDL-65069
  4. When you switch form inline to Advanced, all the line-breaks in your message are lost. - reported as MDL-65638
Average of ratings: Useful (3)

by Helen Foster -
Séverin, I agree that the links for previous/next discussions and previous/next activities are very confusing. Are the previous/next discussion links new in 3.7? Regarding no longer being able to dock blocks, it seems it would be a lot of work to reimplement it. If anyone reading this thread would like the functionality back, please make sure you have voted for MDL-64567.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi

Great new to be in 3.7rc2 wink

But a little bug, there is no more the communities forum in front :

Cheers.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

by Helen Foster -
Thanks Luiggi, I created MDLSITE-5810 for the problem you describe.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Daniel Neis Araujo -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Good news!
The first thing I noticed is that I am (or was) getting duplicate email for each forum messages.
The second thing is that "badges" here on forum have an "alt" with it's description but has no "title" so no description on mourse hover.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniel Neis Araujo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7

by Helen Foster -

Thanks Daniel, I created MDLSITE-5814 for the badges (group pictures) problem you describe. I also noticed that the pictures no longer link to the group participants page.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Christian Bocquet -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

Following the update of moodle.org yesterday morning (switch to version 3.7 I suppose), when you reply to a message, there is a "Re:" added to the subject even if it is a reply to a reply (Re:Re: ). Apart from changing the subject title (remove the "Re:" add), is it possible to avoid this new behaviour?

Christian

In reply to Christian Bocquet

by Helen Foster -

Hello Christian,

"Re:" added to the subject has been reported as MDL-65675 and will hopefully be fixed soon.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers
Looks very nice!

Not sure if this is related to the moodle upgrade but I found this bug on in the plugin db on each plugin page:

In reply to Flotter Totte

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The first three values are common to all the plugins while the rest are the real values until April. Would be great if the first values would be the stats of the present month that will removed some months ago and are really useful for plugin developers.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I appear to have had 3 forum digests, sent at 06:06, 10:22 and 11:49, instead of 1 daily digest... 🤔 Anyone else had this?
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, same here. We've got spammed from yesterday with hundred messages from moodle.org. Looks like the cron send all the messages every 30 minutes
In reply to Fernando Acedo

Re: Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7 + multiple copies of forum post notification emails being sent

by Helen Foster -

We're very sorry about multiple copies of forum post notification emails being sent and are currently working on a fix. Hopefully you won't receive multiple copies of this post. wink

In reply to Helen Foster

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Did the Demo area get removed (Mount Orange and Sandbox)? I no longer see the tab.

Thanks

In reply to Kim Salinas

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Gosh Kim - you are right! I will check on that
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -

Thanks Kim for highlighting the problem which is now fixed. smile

In reply to Helen Foster

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I've created MDLSITE-5850 about "Plugins traffic" forum which doesn't indicate anymore number of unread messages in each discussions.

Séverin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I think it is a general Moodle regression rather than a Moodle.org regression.