Early bird 3.7

Early bird 3.7

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello world smile

I know that many of you were expecting this announcement to come a bit earlier. No need to worry, there is still enough time to get the special award "Moodle 3.7 Early bird" for your plugin!

The Early bird is a traditional challenge for the Moodle plugins developers. The award will be given to plugins having a tested working 3.7 compatible version available in three weeks from now on 5th June 2019.

Normally, the date would match the release day. Due to the delay in the Moodle 3.7 beta release and based on the feedback from the developer community, we decided to give the plugin maintainers the standard three weeks period to prepare their plugins.

Let me remind. As always, it is not enough to simply mark you current versions as 3.7 compatible. Plugin maintainers are supposed to:

• Test plugins intensively against Moodle 3.7 beta (Behat and PHPUnit tests help a lot).
  • Fix all eventually raised warnings, notices, regressions and problems.
  • Release a new compatible version in the Plugins directory, or mark the existing one as compatible.

We reserve the right to not grant or revoke the award from a plugin if there is a suspicion that it was not tested well. There will be no exceptions for late submissions.

Thank you for keeping your plugins up-to-date with latest Moodle versions!

Average of ratings: Useful (6)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Early bird 3.7

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Thanks David for this message, that is a good new for plugin developers.

At the opposite, for Administrators, it could be useful to have the Moodle 3.7 Early bird filter and badge created soon, to be able to see which plugins are available.

I don't know how the whole process is handled (manually, or automated), and if it's possible to create the badge and filter, and have plugins added each day.

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Re: Early bird 3.7

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Séverin.

Thank your for this good point. As far as I know, the standard filter by supported version should already work and can be used: https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=moodle-version:3.7