How to submit Multiple plugins as a single package in moodle.org

How to submit Multiple plugins as a single package in moodle.org

by Riddhi Kalariya -
Number of replies: 6

I have developed two plugins (repository and mod), mod plugin is dependent on repository plugin. I want to register these plugins as a single package to moodle.org. 

while i am trying to submit plugin from  https://moodle.org/plugins/registerplugin.php  , It is asking me for individual plugin details.

can anyone tell how to submit multiple plugins as a single package to moodle.org.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Riddhi Kalariya

Re: How to submit Multiple plugins as a single package in moodle.org

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If your plugin depends on another one, the dependency should be correctly declared in the version.php file - see details at https://docs.moodle.org/dev/version.php

Then you simply upload both plugins individually. Each of them will have its own record and everything.

Once both plugins are approved, they will be available for installation in the Plugins directory.

When the admin tries to install a plugin, Moodle checks that all declared dependencies to make sure they are satisfied. It will then offer the admin to install the missing dependency easily.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Riddhi Kalariya -

Thanks for your answer David,

I had mentioned plugin dependency in version.php file. I just want to know that is there a way to submit multiple plugins as a package?

is it only possible  to upload one plugin at a time?

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes. You submit one plugin at a time. Each of them will have its own description, source repository, bug tracker etc. This is actually intentional feature as each plugin can have its own release schedule.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Riddhi Kalariya -

Yes David.. Agree with your point. But what I need is like following :

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?id=447&nonjscomment=1&comment_itemid=447&comment_context=50&comment_component=local_plugins&comment_area=plugin_general&comment_page=10

- This plugin's .zip file contains many different type of plugins within a single zip file (plugin category is "Other").

- So is there a way to merge different plugins within one zip file so that any user can download that one zip and can see different plugins within it. 

by David Mudrák -

We generally discourage from doing it that way these days. This option should be mostly used for "other" contributions such as custom patches or utilities that are not native Moodle plugins.

There are several significant drawbacks for the code shared in the "Other" category. Mostly significantly, available updates notifications are not provided and the plugin does not auto-register with AMOS, the Moodle translation tool.

So is there a way to merge different plugins within one zip file

As I said above, it should not be needed. Moodle installer will automatically download the other plugin, too.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Riddhi Kalariya -

okay, Thank you so much for your advises David.