Embedded Answers scoring problem

Embedded Answers scoring problem

by Gerardo Fallani -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

we have a problem with the scores in the Embedded Answers quiz question type.
We use Moodle 3.1. Attached, the MS doc with coded exercise (in Italian), screenshots and other data.

This is the case (just one example, but it's a recurring problem for all other Embedded Answers exercises):
A text with blanks to be filled (20 items). The score is 6 points for the "perfect" execution (i.e. 0.3 for each correct answer - but you know Embedded Answers lets you enter the total score (6), but not the partial (0.3) for the single item).

I created it, I tried it out several times and also disabled the penalty for wrong answers.

Now, if I do everything right, that is 20/20 correct answers, I get 6/6.
However, if I perform only 10 right answers I always get a very strange 1.57 out of 6, whether the 10 items left are wrong or blank (i.e. I omit to fill them). I can't explain. Of course it should come 3 out of 6.

Any help?

Thank you for your kind attention

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerardo Fallani

Re: Embedded Answers scoring problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm afraid you got it all wrong:

Il Touring Club Italiano ha lanciato (1) {1:SHORTANSWER:%100%la} prima edizione di WOW! Aperture straordinarie di luoghi d’arte, (2) {2:SHORTANSWER:%100%un'}occasione per esplorare le chiese, (3) {3:SHORTANSWER:%100%i} musei, le gallerie e (4) {4:SHORTANSWER:%100%le} collezioni non sempre aperte (a) (5) {5:SHORTANSWER:%100%al} pubblico.

should be:

Il Touring Club Italiano ha lanciato (1) {1:SHORTANSWER:%100%la} prima edizione di WOW! Aperture straordinarie di luoghi d’arte, (2) {1:SHORTANSWER:%100%un'}occasione per esplorare le chiese, (3) {1:SHORTANSWER:%100%i} musei, le gallerie e (4) {1:SHORTANSWER:%100%le} collezioni non sempre aperte (a) (5) {1:SHORTANSWER:%100%al} pubblico.

etc.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Embedded Answers scoring problem

by Gerardo Fallani -

Cool! Thanks!

You know, I had a weird 210 (pt) as default score, which I changed to 6. Now, that I edited the right way, it turned to 20 (20 is the number of the items).

Anyway, it appears it works great.

Thanks again