Transferring users

Transferring users

by Alexander Belov -
Number of replies: 3

Good day to all.

Currently I am moving a moodle site from my local server to the MoodleCloud. I wish to know if it is also possible to copy accounts from it to there. Or will my students have to make new ones? (They have already filled in all the user data)

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexander Belov

Re: Transferring users

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You could use Bulk User Actions to create a download file of your current users and then upload users to your Moodle cloud site. The only thing you’ll lose is their password, which can easily be reset in bulk or individually - everything else will be transferrred.

If you're backing up courses from your old site though, you can include enrolled user data and new accounts will be created on your new site for the restored courses. You’ll still need to sort the passwords though.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Alexander Belov -

Right, that worked. Thanks a lot.

Although it seems the only option about passwords was "generate if needed and send via e-mail". I hadn't told the students that I'm moving the site, so they may be confused about those messages.

In reply to Alexander Belov

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You could use that, or use a generic password in the upload file and tell them by email when you’re ready.