mass action block

mass action block

by Brian Holt -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all,

I'm using Moodlecloud for the first time (I've used moodle on school servers in the past) and I am struggling to find a way to perform mass actions on activities and resources.  For instance, to hide several activities at once rather than having to "edit, hide, save and display". 

I've read about "mass action" blocks but I am not seeing it as an option when I go to "add a block". 

I also understand that moodlecloud forbids adding plugins of my choosing.

Am I correct in stating that I can not perform mass actions in moodlecloud?

Is there a work around that others are aware of? 

Thank you for your time.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Holt

Re: mass action block

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Brian,

I guess you're talking about https://moodle.org/plugins/block_massaction? It's interesting to know which blocks would be useful to our users, unfortunately there are no plans just right now to add more contrib plugins to MoodleCloud.

I don't know of any obvious workaround, but if you still have access to another Moodle site which offers the mass action block, you could export your site there to edit it, then bring it back to cloud to offer to your students.

Sorry about the trouble,

Mat

In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

Re: mass action block

by Brian Holt -

Thanks for the response.  It is mostly the hiding and showing of resources/activities that I'm looking for.

I will checkout block_massaction but understand it's not available....