Migrate from Moodle for Windows on pc to MoodleCloud

Migrate from Moodle for Windows on pc to MoodleCloud

by Tom Waspe -
Number of replies: 5

Can I migrate from Moodle for Windows on pc to MoodleCloud?  If so how?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Waspe

Re: Migrate from Moodle for Windows on pc to MoodleCloud

by Tom Waspe -

In other words can I upload the course I have created on Moodle for Windows on my pc into my MoodleCloud account?

In reply to Tom Waspe

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes you can. However, there are file limits on MoodleCloud (particularly the free version) so if your courses contain a lot of large sized files eg videos and powerpoints, you should first host them elsewhere eg YouTube, GoogleDrive etc. But other than that there is nothing stopping you moving your courses to MoodleCloud.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Alexander Belov -

I have the same situation as Tom and still his question been unanswered: how can I actually do it? Can anyone please provide a tutorial or something?

In reply to Alexander Belov

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

And by the wonder of technology, your wish is granted! Here are links to the documentation that has existed for a very long time and is easily discoverable via this site or indeed any search engine of your choice... 

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Alexander Belov -
Big thanks!
Although it is easily discoverable only if you know the keyword "restore". Searching with "upload", "import" and "migrate" obviously returns nothing...