Google Oauth2 authentications for Moodle

Google Oauth2 authentications for Moodle

Ken Task - ން
Number of replies: 3
ފޮޓޯ

Had to sign up as a Google Developer for some project once and do have multiple moodles using Google Oauth2 for authentication and in checking those setups on the Google end, see no Google+ but thought I'd double check to see.

Got this notice from Google Developers today ... clips below ...

The email below contains your most recent usage of Google+ APIs. Note: It includes Google+ OAuth scope requests, which are also affected by the Google+ shutdown. A prior email sent to active API callers did not include information about OAuth requests. One final reminder email will be sent in February to users who still have active API or OAuth request activity.
What do I need to know?

On March 7, 2019, all Google+ APIs and Google+ Sign-in will be shut down completely. This will be a progressive shutdown, with API calls starting to intermittently fail as early as January 28, 2019, and OAuth requests for Google+ scopes starting to intermittently fail as early as February 15, 2019.
What do I need to do?

Please update your projects listed below by March 7, 2019 and ensure they are no longer using Google+ APIs, or requesting Google+ OAuth scopes. The data below shows which Google+ API methods your projects have recently called, as well as Google+ OAuth scopes it has requested.

Note: If you see calls to people.get, these can be the result of using the Google+ Sign-In feature in your application, which is now fully deprecated and is being shut down. Developers should migrate from the Google+ Sign-In feature to the more comprehensive Google Sign-in authentication system.

The moodle oath2 authentications for Google don't use Google+ is that correct?

Thanks, in advance, for any clarification.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Task

Re: Google Oauth2 authentications for Moodle

Sarah Ricketts - ން

Hi Ken,

I'm looking for clarification on this too.  I got an additional message today:

------

"Earlier this week we sent you an email related to your projects that will be impacted by the Google+ API shutdown, which also affects requests for Google+ OAuth scopes.

The email listed that one or more of your projects are requesting the “plus.me” scope, and would thus be affected. We would like to clarify that only projects directly requesting the “plus.me” scope are affected. This scope may have been listed in some emails, even if not directly requested by your project. We apologize for any confusion caused.

If you are directly requesting the “plus.me” scope, any other Google+ OAuth scopes, or making any Google+ API calls, please ensure that you remove these requests from your project before March 7, 2019.

To see if your project is directly requesting the “plus.me” or any other Google+ OAuth scopes:

• If your project is written in Google Apps Script, you can view which scopes your project is requesting by reviewing your project properties in App Script Editor.
  • If your project is not written in Google Apps Script, please check your code for references to “plus.me” in OAuth scope requests. We recommend that you review projects using any 3rd-party libraries that support sign-in or social functionality, as these may also be affected by the shutdown.
"------

"This will be a progressive shutdown beginning in late January, with calls to these APIs starting to intermittently fail as early as January 28, 2019."

Can anyone confirm if we need to do anything with regards to using OAuth2 (on a 3.5 Moodle site)?

Kind regards,
Sarah

In reply to Sarah Ricketts

Dan Marsden - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ
In reply to Dan Marsden

Ashutosh Taunk - ން

Dear Dan, 

Thanks, have reviewed your version. I am also stuck like sarah, I see the same message from google, using moodle, 3.4, using core oauth2 to authenticate user accounts to login to moodle. 

But, there is one thing that is causing a distress, which is using plus.me scope, 

for me it is, 

Project

Google+ API Name

Version

Method or OAuth Scope

Moodle (moodle-devexxxxx)

OAuth

N/A

plus.me

and on my google api, it is Oauth 2 services and credentials. 

Possible to clarify please.