LDAP - Assign System Roles

LDAP - Assign System Roles

by Jon Witts -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi all,

Just looking into the LDAP_authentication#Assign_system_roles functionality now we have upgraded to 3.4 as we want to assign a Question_sharer to all teaching staff across the site.

We are using a Microsoft AD LDAP server.

If I add a group where users are direct members of the group, i.e. CN=Staff Academic,OU=Groups,DC=domain,DC=com and then enable and run the "Synchronise system roles from LDAP" scheduled task then users are correctly entered.

However if I add a group where users are indirect members i.e. the group contains other groups; no users are synchronised.

Is it possible to get the system to recursively check group membership?

Jon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Witts

Re: LDAP - Assign System Roles

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Jon,

Did you ever find a way to do this?  

Ron

In reply to Ron Meske

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

No, I don't think I did... I think I just added people as direct members of the group in the end...

Jon

In reply to Jon Witts

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I use a couple of plugins to achieve this - first I sync groups to cohorts with ldap syncing scripts and then I sync cohort to system role with a cohort sync plugin.