Missing Internationalization Extension when installing

Re: Missing Internationalization Extension when installing

by Randy Foster -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Howard,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Do you mean that the platform that the moodle install is occurring is a windows platform? I can check with the host to confirm one way or the other.

I do know MySQL is 5.6.34 and PHP is 7.2

Thanks

Randy

From: Howard Miller (via Moodle.org) <noreply@moodle.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 8:05 AM
To: Randy Foster <rfoster@hbfcass.org>
Subject: Moodle in English: Re: Missing Internationalization Extension when installing

Picture of Howard Miller

by Howard Miller - Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 9:27 PM

That only applies on Windows. 

The people to ask about this are your host's support. It may be a configuration setting; it may not be in the PHP build. We don't know. 

You can reply to this via email.

In reply to Randy Foster

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I mean that those instructions you identified only apply if the operating system is Windows. That won't work on Linux.

Even if it is Windows - you still can't find php.ini (and it could be almost anywhere) so you would still need to ask your host's support. 

It is - if you will - not a Moodle issue. You can't fix it in Moodle you need to sort the underlying PHP. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Randy Foster -

Howard,

Thanks for clarifying. I will try and work with the host and see if we can find out what the installation is running on and go from there. It could come down to finding another host.

Randy

From: Howard Miller (via Moodle.org) <noreply@moodle.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 9:11 AM
To: Randy Foster <rfoster@hbfcass.org>
Subject: Moodle in English: Re: Missing Internationalization Extension when installing

Picture of Howard Miller

by Howard Miller - Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 10:29 PM

I mean that those instructions you identified only apply if the operating system is Windows. That won't work on Linux.

Even if it is Windows - you still can't find php.ini (and it could be almost anywhere) so you would still need to ask your host's support. 

It is - if you will - not a Moodle issue. You can't fix it in Moodle you need to sort the underlying PHP. 

You can reply to this via email.