What's the difference between Moodle.org and Moodle.Net? And more questions.

What's the difference between Moodle.org and Moodle.Net? And more questions.

by Aplam Chaplam -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

What is the difference between Moodle.org and Moodle.net?

Can I learn Moodle on the Moodle Cloud instead of downloading it?

Is there a way to ask questions in the Moodle support forum without my real name or brand name?

Even though I signed up for Moodle I am unable to sign in and ask questions in the support forum. The Joomla website did the same thing. Do many of these technical forums have different sing ups for each section?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aplam Chaplam

Re: What's the difference between Moodle.org and Moodle.Net? And more questions.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is moodle.org - The Moodle project's main web site.

moodle.net... "This site allows you to share courses and course content, and will form part of the bigger Project MoodleNet."

Yes - go ahead and use Moodle Cloud if you don't want the hassle of installing Moodle yourself. 

Please use your real name. We are all friendly here and like to know who we are talking to. I always nag people who use names like "Moodle Admin". This isn't the KGB big grin

You appear to have signed in and asked a question... so I really don't understand the last bit.

Re: What's the difference between Moodle.org and Moodle.Net? And more questions.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there smile In response to your final comment, you have obviously managed to ask questions so that is good.

You might like to take a look a the About Moodle FAQ which might answer some of your questions.

Moodle is the name for free, open source software which anyone can download and use.

MoodleCloud is a product made by the people who make the Moodle software (usually known as 'Moodle HQ') and they offer this as an already set up version of Moodle that you can use to practise with so you don't need technical skills and time to download it yourself.

Moodle.net is in flux at the moment. The current site moodle.net is a repository of Moodle courses and course content for anyone to contribute to and add to their Moodle site. MoodleNet is its successor and enhanced version, about which you can read more here: MoodleNet

There is also LearnMoodle if you want to learn how to use Moodle as a teacher (not admin) which is a course still open for sign up at the moment if you are interested.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Aplam Chaplam -

Thank you people