Preventing students from disable notifications

Preventing students from disable notifications

by Lionel A. Richemond -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, please excuse my english.
I would like to please ask you for support.

My moodle it's a Moodle 3.5.1+ (Build: 20180810) with Fordson v3.5.

I'm trying to seek a way to prevent the users (students) to disable notifications or modify the permissions about it

I mean, when a student goes to User Profile ---> Notification Preferences (image attached) and also when in the moodle mobile app, in Configuration -->Notification Preferences.

When in Web, I thought about removing the menu from sight via css.. don't know about mobile.. but it doesn't seem to be the good way because if someone know the URI then it's still posible to access. Somehow doing something manual like 'editing the file' o that, doesn't feel natural.

I looked for some Permission like the one available for the plugin "advanced notifications when you can forbid the student to configure them

( block/advnotifications:managenotifications )
but wasn't able to find anything.

Is this doable? 
If so,
which way would you accomplish this?  Is there an option out of my sight?

Thanks so much!

Lio

Attachment Captura1_moodle.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lionel A. Richemond

Re: Preventing students from disable notifications

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The capability you want to disable is...

moodle/user:editownmessageprofile

You should edit the 'Authenticated user' role and un-tick the Allow for that capability. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Preventing students from disable notifications

by Lionel A. Richemond -

It works like a charm!

I found out that this capaibility set to "Allow" to  "Authenticated user", overrides the settings for the other roles set to "Prohibit".

What I did so, was to remove the "Allow" from "Authenticated user" and then set the capability for "Student".

Thank you Howard!