Blank Page after upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.6.1 (php7.1)

Blank Page after upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.6.1 (php7.1)

by Roger Zimmermann -
Number of replies: 9

After upgrading i got blank page

What can i do .......

roger

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Zimmermann

Re: Blank Page after upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.6.1 (php7.1)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

check your web server's error log for a start.

by Eric Horn -

Hi Roger,

I had the same problem. Uninstalling "mod_geogebra" was the solution. In the german forum there is also "mod_apply" mentioned to cause problems. These modules seem to have problems with the new login token. Maybe there are other modules out there having the same problem.

In reply to Eric Horn

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Unless you know something I don't, what's the odds he has mod_geogebra installed. 

However, as a general point trying to upgrade with plugins that are not confirmed to work with the target Moodle version is a bit risky.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Roger Zimmermann -

Hi i didn't have installed this mod_geogebra

In reply to Howard Miller

by Eric Horn -

I can't exactly say that the problem was "mod_geogebra", it might as well have been a side effect between "mod_geogebra" and an other plugin. All I can say is that after deleting the geogebra plugin my problem with moodle only showing a blank page was gone.

Nevertheless I have to admit that I had problems with several other plugins - mostly because there were some plugins I didn't remember being installed at all (e.g. the "jmol" filter, which I have installed several years ago with moodle 2.x for a chemistry teacher at our school - I didn't remember this plugin still was installed; and the last moodle version reported to be working with this plugin in the moodle directory is version 2.7).

By the way: is there any way you can easily check the compatibility of installed plugins with the current and a forthcoming version of moodle (like admin/environment.php does it for your server configuration)? Or do you have to check every single plugin installed in moodle's Plugins directory (moodle.org/plugins/) by hand?

In reply to Eric Horn

by Howard Miller -

If the plugins are reasonably up to date and seem to be maintained (you shouldn't be using them if they are not) I usually just copy over whatever the latest version is to the new version of Moodle. I then run a test copy and see what happens. When a new version of Moodle comes out, many plugins will not be listed as compatible simply because they have not been tested (yet). 

If you want to be very thorough - run the unit tests and behat tests (although Behat is a nightmare to set up). Don't do any of this on a live site of course wink

by Roger Zimmermann -

ok found the problem

1) https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/moodle/303-enabling-error-reporting-in-moodle

then i got this message:

Warning: require_once(/home/elearni2/public_html/test/lib/eventslib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elearni2/public_html/test/mod/booking/lib.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/elearni2/public_html/test/lib/eventslib.php' (include_path='/home/elearni2/public_html/test/lib/pear:.:/opt/alt/php71/usr/share/pear') in /home/elearni2/public_html/test/mod/booking/lib.php on line 21

renamed lib.php to old-lib.php

I checked the side: 

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=mod_booking 

There is missing a version for 3.6.1..... so we have found money for that.......(wink)

roger

Average of ratings: Useful (1)