Can I restore v3.0 courses into v3.6?

Can I restore v3.0 courses into v3.6?

by Robert Felix -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, I've been on hold using version 3.0 while preparing a new server setup using AWS Lightsail, where I'll install a fresh copy of v3.6 once it's stable. Any problems restoring 3.0 courses into 3.6?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Felix

Re: Can I restore v3.0 courses into v3.6?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

No problem - restoring backups from older versions is always supported. (But not the other way around). 

In reply to Robert Felix

by Johan Kenzeler -

Hi Robert,

Depends on what you're trying to backup/restore from a course but in my experience no version related problems. But the best thing to do is to try it. Just do it. smile

Cheers,

Johan

In reply to Johan Kenzeler

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yeh - the only proviso is that if you had optional plugins (that support backup and restore) in the source Moodle that are not in the destination Moodle  then you can get some odd results. 

However, that's nothing to do with the versions - just asking to restore something that there is no code for.