Moodle 3.5.3 - Prevent questions from editing

Moodle 3.5.3 - Prevent questions from editing

by Tobias Sanders -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone,

in my school many teachers are working with the same pool of questions. Sometimes teachers need to modify a question. I know that you can duplicate a question in moodle but unexperienced teachers sometime - by accident - change the original question. It would be great to to have some kind of option like "prevent from editing" for the editors who originally contribute the question to the pool. This way questions have to be duplicated and none gets overwritten.

Is there any way to do that?

Furthermore: Why can't duplicated questions which were originally in the context of a course section  (e.g. "Courses in Marketing") be copied to the question category of the course (e.g. "Course Class Marketing 2018"). I can only store duplicated questions in the same section (e.g. "Courses in Marketing").

Cheers

Tobias

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tobias Sanders

Re: Moodle 3.5.3 - Prevent questions from editing

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In the question bank, there are separate capabilities for editing questions you created, vs editing other people's questions. That might be the answer to your question. Have a look at how the roles are set up.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Moodle 3.5.3 - Prevent questions from editing

by Tobias Sanders -

Hey Tim,

thank you for the answer. It more or less did the trick. 

I managed to disable the capability "edit questions from other users" but I can still copy them. So far so good...To make it really good it would be great if I could copy the question to my own course category. In my case the questions are stored in  the course section category (e.g. Marketing). Copying a question from that bank is only permitted, if I save it to a bank of the same hierachy level (not to my course (e.g. Marketing class xy) although it is inside the section.

Any ideas for that problem?

Cheers

Tobias